$15 | Benefits M.A.S.K.
- 100% of proceeds to M.A.S.K.
- Custom-printed fabric resembling the infamous Tweedy Show Family Room curtains
- Pleated with elastic earloops (NO filter pocket)
- Printed, cut and sewn in Los Angeles for the Tweedy Show by Sean Lorenzini / Hollywood & Vinyl Records
- Ships in EcoEnclose compostable mailer
In 2015, Tamar Manasseh reached a breaking point with violence in her neighborhood of Englewood, Chicago and knew she had to do something. She got a group of moms together and held a cookout on the corner, filling up the space with food and community before it could be filled with violence.
Now Tamar’s group, Mothers/Men Against Senseless Killing, has a multi-tiered approach to preventing violence. In addition to their neighborhood cookouts they run a kids’ study center built out of shipping containers. And prior to COVID, they had opened a restaurant, providing healthy food and employment to Chicagoans. They make life safer not only on the frontlines, but also by improving the conditions that lead to violence.
“I’m just a mother. I used to think my greatest accomplishment was raising two happy, healthy children in Chicago, where so many other mothers are denied that right. Then I sat in a lawn chair on a street corner and extended the love I have for my kids to someone else’s. I have been enriched and deeply fulfilled by all of my children. I hope that one day you get to experience the same level of purpose that I have.”